These little sandwiches are always a big hit at any occasion. They combine the delicious flavours of spicy Pastrami, mustard cream cheese, rocket, onion marmalade and shoestring chips. The spicy edges of the Pastrami and the crispy chips ensure these fly off the platter. You can never have enough of these little gems.
You are here
Hartlief‘s Beer, meat and manne platter
When the guys are coming around to watch a big rugby game, you need to make sure there are plenty of snacks. Nothing says a manly snack platter like piles of delicious meat. The snacks need to be hearty, delicious and – most importantly – pair well with beer.
- Lots of artisan beers
- Herb encrusted Hartlief Game Salami, served with your favourite hunter’s knife
- Hartlief Kaesegriller and German mustard
- Toasted bruschetta with Hartlief Pastrami and mustard cream cheese, served with shoestring chips
- Hartlief Windhoek salami and dill cucumber stuck onto a toothpick
- Stuffed pepperdews with feta and Kabanossi
- Hartlief Biltong and Droëwors
- Spicy nuts and Hartlief Black Forest Ham
- 1 Ciabatta loaf, sliced
- 100ml Olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 100g Hartlief Pastrami
- Mustard cream cheese, (See recipe below) or shop bought
- Rocket leaves, washed
- Onion marmalade
- Shoestring chips (See recipe below)
- Combine the olive oil and garlic, and brush on both sides of each slice of the ciabatta
- Toast under the grill and cool on a wire rack.
- Spread with cream cheese and don’t be shy, this will keep the sandwich‘s toppings in place.
- Top with the rocket leaves.
- Add layers of Pastrami and top with the onion marmalade.
- Finish by adding the shoestring chips just before serving.
These piquant little peppers are crunchy and sweet, with a tiny bit of heat. They come already hollowed and ready to be stuffed to make a perfect sundowner or party snack. Cut up a few pieces of Hartlief Kabanossi or Landjager and the pepperdew is ready to be transformed into a sweet and salty treat. These bite-sized, colourful treats are sure to be the hit of your next party.
- 80g Hartlief Kabanossi
- 12 Marinated pepperdews
- 12 Small blocks feta
- Micro Herbs
- Shake the pepperdews to remove all seeds from the inside and pat them dry.
- Cut the Kabanossi and the feta cheese into 1cm chunks
- Stuff the Kabanossi and feta into the pepperdew. They should be visible.
- Arrange onto a party platter and decorate with micro herbs.
The combination of the flavourful and smoky ham with the assortment of spicy nuts is irresistible. So much so, we had to remake this recipe four times while shooting! The ham is salty and perfectly balances the spiciness of the nuts.
- 100g Hartlief Black Forest Ham
- 200g Raw mixed nuts
- 10ml Butter
- 10ml Olive oil
- 2.5ml Ground cumin
- 2.5ml Paprika
- 2ml Smoked paprika (optional)
- Dash or two of cayenne pepper (to taste, but be cautious!)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the Black Forest Ham on a wire rack, over a baking sheet, and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the ham is crispy.
- Cut the ham into small pieces and set aside.
- Toast the nuts in a heavy based pan over low heat until they start to brown.
- Add the butter, olive oil, spices and ham. Fry until covered in spices and golden brown in colour.
- Line a baking tray with paper towel and heat the oven to 140°C.
- Place the nuts onto the tray and into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Eat this as a snack or serve it with salami as part of any party platter.