Delicious banting-friendly crackers. You can make your own blend of nuts and seeds, and adapt this recipe as you wish. Top with an assortment of Hartlief meats and other toppings for a quick and easy entertaining solution.
You are here
Parmesan baked eggs with Hartlief Farmsmoked Ham
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Grease four ramekins with butter.
Line the ramekins with ham.
Gently break the eggs into the ramekins.
Spoon 15ml cream and 15ml parmesan into each ramekin.
Lightly season with salt and pepper.
Place the ramekins on a baking tray and pour boiling water onto the tray until the ramekins are half covered. Oven is important when cooking eggs for even heat distribution.
Carefully place the tray into the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, depending how you prefer your eggs.
Serve hot with crunchy, nutty crackers. Or with hot, buttered toast if you’re not banting.
- 200g Sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds and crushed almonds
- 20ml Psyllium husk, available in health stores
- 325ml Water
- 2.5ml Salt
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Line a 26x40cm baking tray with baking paper and grease well.
- Mix all the ingredients and let the mixture stand for about 10 minutes. It will thicken to almost the consistency of a paste.
- Spread evenly onto the baking tray, making sure there are no holes.
- Bake for an hour.
- Take out of the oven and cut into squares once cool.
- Put the crackers back into the oven, at 140°C, for 20 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the crackers and remove when they are golden and crispy. Be careful they don’t become too dark.
- Place on a rack to cool.
- Once cool, keep in an airtight bottle and eat with Hartlief’s wide range of cold meats.